Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week 8 GAME Plan

This is the last week of my GAME Plan blog. The GAME Plan is a great reflective tool to use, especially with technology. The GAME Plan that I created was a great goal to open up dialogue with teachers, administration, students, and parents. I feel like like I need to become more informed about technology, which means that I need to continue to learn about technology. My first goal was (5b. exhibit leadership by demonstrating a vision of technology infusion, participating in shared decision making and community building, and developing the leadership and technology skills of others). I have taken baby steps to bring technology onto my campus. I just attended a PTA meeting and there is $10,000 to spend on technology on our campus. I am not quite sure what needs to be purchased. What to buy what to buy? I know that I have been saying that technology is not priority on my campus or district, and it is not, but we are in the worst budget crisis, since I started teaching 15 years ago. 720 teachers are receiving pink slips. Technology is not important. That does not mean that I cannot take baby steps. This particular GAME Plan has allowed me to bring a vision to my school about technology. I think my vision needs to be succinct and more exact. I am not even sure what a school with 21st century skills looks like. I still need to do some research on technology in the classroom. There seems like so much to do and not enough resources, but again taking baby steps helps a lot. I seen a difference with teachers at least talking about technology. I have to say that there is not a lot of exitement. One Planning Day a month was passed at our site, so I am hoping that we can show case a technology tool each month. Many teachers on my campus are like me prior to taking this masters program. Clueless about technology. Hopefully a monthly tech tool will be a start to showing the benefits of technology.

I would like to improve is 3c. communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats. I have added emails that I send to all the students, parents, and teachers on campus. I am the Student Council advisor and a weekly update on what events for the week are sent out. I have received a lot of emails with questions and comments. This appears to be helping with informing our community about events. I really feel like a need another teacher to join me on this quest. I have not lost my focus or excitement, but I need help. This sounds like another goal.
Technology has become priority and I have learned the importance of utilizing technology. The GAME Plan showed me a way to utilize reflection in a easy way. The NETS standards help to focus on what should be priority and what should be taught to the students and what teachers should use in the classroom to teach 21st century skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment